Community-based Rehabilitation and Primary Healthcare Working Group (C&PWG) is a new Working Group of HKPA endeavours to translate contemporary rehabilitation models, approaches, concepts and research findings into the management of non-communicable diseases, health risk factors, and age-related health/biological declines for healthy and special populations in the community care context.
With aging population and growing numbers of non-hospitalised survivors of childhood- and adult-onset chronic conditions, awareness of the importance of CBR and PHC among government policy makers has been raised and increasingly more new initiatives will be launched. It’s time to strengthen connections among physiotherapists serving in the community, encompassing NGO, private, HA and the government sectors.
The objectives of the C&PWG are three folds:
- to advocate cross-sector and cross-NGO service alignment, coordination and collaboration;
- to improve public’s and academic’s awareness and accessibility to community PT services;
- to promote specialty in CBR and PHC for professional growth among PTs;
And the ultimate goal is professional and image enhancement of community PT practitioners for attracting and retaining talents in related fields.
Deliverables of the WG in the first 2 years are:
- to build user-friendly community PT service directories in the new HKPA website for easy searching by the public of the available PT services in the social sector;
- to collaborate with local academic and training institutes for developing relevant professional trainings for physiotherapists working in the community context;
- to advocate a continuum of care through Public-Private Partnership (PPP), Medial-Social Collaboration (MSC), and inter-NGO referrals.
|EC members||Name||Working Place|
|Honorary Advisor||Dr NGAI Pui Ching, Shirley||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
|Prof. SZETO Pui Yuk, Grace||Tung Wah College|
|Prof. TSANG Wai Nam, William||The Open University of Hong Kong|
|Prof. LEUNG Siu Lun, Arran||Caritas Institute of Higher Education|
|Chairperson||Dr SU Yuen Wang, Ivan||SAHK|
|Vice-Chairperson||Mr WONG Kwok Cheong, George||Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council|
|Secretary||Mr AU YEUNG Kin, Kenneth||Healing Hands Physiotherapy Centre|
|Treasurer||Ms WO Chung Ching, Candy||Haven of Hope Christian Service|
|Mr CHAN Kin Tung, Francis||Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council|
|Member||Ms Ng Yuk Mun||The Hong Kong Society for Rehabilitation|
|Mr CHAN Wai Hung, Rex||Kwai Tsing Safe Community and Healthy City Association|
|Mr LAM Wai Shun, Wilson||Hong Kong Society for the Blind|
|Mr LI Tung Yue, Kevin||Department of Health|
|Co-opt Member||Mr CHIU Wai Shun, Wilson||Tung Wah Group of Hospitals|
|Mr Wong Siu Keung||Yang Memorial Social Service|