The Hong Kong Physiotherapy Association was officially founded in 1963 and was incorporated in 1998. Provisional membership of World Physiotherapy was gained in 1976 and full membership was subsequently earned in 1978. In 1994, the Association joined the Federation of Medical Societies of Hong Kong as an Associate Member.
- Be a strong and united physiotherapy community that is committed to advancing and advocating the physiotherapy profession, for the benefit of the people and beyond.
- To unite physiotherapists across different health sectors into a strong community, where everyone is respected, valued and connected.
- To advance the physiotherapy profession through advocating for professional autonomy and evidence-based practice.
- To enhance health through raising public awareness and knowledge of physiotherapy.
- Uniting physiotherapists, advancing practice, enhancing health.